What is injection molded NdFeB?
Simply put, the injection molded NdFeB magnet is a new type of composite material made of NdFeB magnetic powder and plastic (nylon, PPS, etc.) polymer materials through a special process. Through the injection molding process, a magnet with both the high performance of neodymium iron boron and the high efficiency and high precision of injection molding is prepared. New materials and unique craftsmanship give it some unique characteristics:
1. It has both rigidity and elasticity, and can be processed into thin-walled rings, rods, sheets and various special and complex shapes (such as steps, damping grooves, holes, positioning pins, etc.), and can be made into small extreme moments and multiple magnetic pole.
2. Magnets and other metal inserts (gears, screws, special-shaped holes, etc.) can be formed at one time, and cracks and fractures are not easy to occur.
3. The magnet does not need machining such as cutting, the product yield is high, the tolerance accuracy after molding is high, and the surface is smooth.
4. The use of plastic products makes the product thinner and lighter; the motor moment of inertia and starting current are smaller.
5. The plastic polymer material effectively covers the magnetic powder, which makes the magnet anti-corrosion effect better.
6. The unique injection molding process improves the internal uniformity of the magnet, and the uniformity of the magnetic field on the surface of the magnet is better.
Where are the injection molded NdFeB magnetic rings used?
It is used in automobile direction oil filters, mainly used in automation equipment, sensors, permanent magnet DC motors, axial fans, hard disk spindle motors HDD, inverter air conditioning motors, instrument motors and other fields.
PS: The advantages of injection-molded NdFeB magnets are high dimensional accuracy, can be integrated with other parts, and cost-effective, but injection-molded NdFeB surface coating or electroplating has low corrosion resistance.
Post time: Oct-14-2021